PROVISION ON THE LIBRARY
OF THE INTERREGIONAL OPEN SOCIAL INSTITUTE
1. General provisions.
1.1. Library is an informational, cultural and educational institution, disposing of an organized fund of replicated documents and providing them for temporary use to natural and legal persons.
1.2. The Library of the Interregional Open Social Institute (hereinafter referred to as the library) is a structural subdivision of the Institute providing literature and information for educational process and research activities, as well as a center of knowledge distribution, spiritual and intellectual communication, culture.
1.3. The library arranges differential readers’ service in the reading room, circulation department using methods of individual and group service.
2. Main objectives of the library.
2.1. Full and operational library and informative-bibliographic services for students, post-graduates and other readers’ categories of the Institute in accordance with information inquiries.
2.2. Formation of the library fund in accordance with the Institute specialization and readers’ information needs.
2.3. Organization and maintenance of reference aids and database.
2.4. Information culture development: education in using books, other training means, library. Readers’ training in working with reference tools, including using computer-aided procedures.
2.5. Widening the range of library services, improving their quality on the basis of the library technical equipment, computerization of library and information processes.
2.6. Carrying out scientific research and methodical work on issues of library and informative-bibliographic services.
2.7. Coordination and cooperation of activities with libraries, scientific and technical information bodies and other institutions for readers’ complete satisfaction in information.
2.8. Carrying out economic activities in order to optimize the library services.
3. Main functions of the library.
3.1. The library arranges differential readers’ service in the reading room, circulation department on presentation of student ID cards using methods of individual and group service.
3.2. The library provides readers with the following free services:
- to supply full information on the library funds through the system of catalogs and cards and other ways of providing library information;
- to consult in searching and choosing prints and other documents;
- to lend prints and other documents from the library funds for temporary use;
- to draw up bibliographies, lists of references in assistance to the institute scientific and educational work; to carry out subject, address and other bibliographical notes;
- to detect, study and systematically specify information needs of university students, management, academic teaching staff, research associates, post-graduates;
- to impart skills of searching information and applying them in educational process and scientific work, to orientate in the library reference aids, information systems and database;
- to arrange courses of library science and bibliography principles for students and postgraduates;
- to provide the library fund acquisition according to educational and professional programs, curriculum and research field; to acquire educational, scientific, periodic, reference literature and other types of editions;
- to study the level of readers’ demand satisfaction in order to update plans of fund acquisition, to plan an issue of literature by the institute and to coordinate readers' information needs and the fund structure;
- to account and place funds, to provide their safety, storage mode, restoration and preservation;
- to withdraw documents from the library fund according to the procedure of documents removal in compliance with the applicable normative and legal acts;
- to maintain the system of library catalogs and cards on traditional and machine-readable media for the purpose of multifold bibliographical disclosure of funds;
- to interact with libraries, scientific and technical information bodies, archives, other enterprises, institutions, organizations which have information databanks in compliance with the applicable legislation, federal state programs, as well as the contracts signed between institutions and organizations;
- to maintain documents and to submit reports and working plans and other information on the activity in accordance with the established procedure.
4. Rights of the library.
4.1. The library has the following rights:
- to independently determine the contents and concrete forms of its activity according to the objectives and tasks specified in the Provision;
- to dispose of the allocations provided to the library;
- to determine bail when giving readers rare and valuable editions, as well as in other cases determined by the Rules for use of the library;
- to determine types and amounts of compensation of the damage caused by the library readers in compliance with the Rules for use of the library;
- to get acquainted with the institute educational and professional programs, curriculum and research fields; to receive from its structural divisions materials and data needed for solving tasks set to the library;
- to represent the Institute in various institutions and organizations: to take part in the work of scientific conferences, meetings and seminars concerning the library and informative-bibliographic services;
- to maintain correspondence with other libraries and organizations in accordance with the established procedure;
- to be responsible for the fund integrity. The library of the Institute bears responsibility for non-performance of the functions referred to its competence as required by law;
- the library assistants are responsible for causing damage to the library funds as required by the applicable law;
- labour relations of the library assistants are regulated by the labour law of the Russian Federation.
4.2. The library work is organized by the chief librarian. He or she is appointed and dismissed from the post by the rector of the IOSI as required by law.
4.3. The chief librarian fulfills all rights and duties subject to the tasks being assigned to the library and implementing all the main objectives listed above.
5. Readers, their rights, duties and responsibilities.
5.1. Students, postgraduates, the institute employees have a right to use freely main informative-bibliographic services:
to get full information on library funds through the system of catalogs and cards and other ways of providing library information;
to get any editions from the library fund for temporary use in reading room and circulation department;
to get advice on searching and choosing prints and other documents;
to extend the term of literature use as proscribed.
5.2. Duties of readers:
to take good care of books, other prints and documents received from the library funds; to return them at a stated time; not to take them out from the library premises if they are not written down in reader's record cards or other records; not to make notes or underlines; not to tear out or bend pages; not to dislocate public-access funds; not to take out cards from catalogs and card files;
when receiving books, other prints and materials readers have to look carefully over them and in case of detection of any defects to report this to an attendant librarian; otherwise responsibility for damage of books is taken by the reader who has been the last person having used the edition;
readers have no right to transfer their student ID card to other person, as well as to use someone else's student ID card. In case of violation of this rule readers bear responsibility as required by the library administration;
on graduating from the institute, arranging academic or maternity leave, readers ought to return to the library editions assigned to them;
readers ought to observe the rules for use of the library. Readers who have violated the rules for use of the library or who have caused damage to the library compensate it in the amount set by the rules for use of the library, as well as bear other responsibility in cases specified by the law;
readers responsible for loss or damage of editions, ought to replace them with the same editions or copies estimated as equal by the library, in case of an impossible replacement - to compensate the fair market value of editions.
5.3. In order to join the library readers ought to submit their passport and student ID card based on which a reader’s record card is filled in.
5.4. The student ID card is the only document permitting to use the library.
5.5. While joining the library, readers ought to get acquainted with the rules for use of the library, rules for electronic loan and confirm the duties by signing reader’s record cards.
6. Rules for use of the library.
6.1. While joining the library, readers ought to get acquainted with the rules for use of the library, rules for electronic loan and confirm the duties by signing in the reader’s record card.
6.2. Readers sign reader's record cards filled in by a librarian for each taken copy in the circulation department. When returning literature, books are expunged from a reader's record file with a librarian's signature. Reader's record cards are the documents confirming the fact of giving in and returning of editions.
6.3. Term of literature use for different edition categories is determined differentially by the library administration. Term of edition use depends on the readers' demand. Limited editions are given for a term of 10 days, multiple copies - for a month.
6.4. Rare and valuable editions are not to be taken home. In case of their delivery a reader makes a deposit in the amount determined by the library administration.
6.5. Readers can extend the term of using the books taken home, other prints and materials, if there is no demand for them from other readers as required by the procedure.
6.6. Encyclopedias, reference works, rare, valuable and singular editions are given only for working in the reading room.
6.7. It is forbidden to take literature out of the reading room. In case of this rule violation readers can be deprived of the right to use the library for a term set by the library administration.